Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Great Travels of Bird

The title was inspired by my dear sweet sister.. who for some odd reason has nicknamed me bird.. can't remember when that started either..and initially I hated it.. but it has grown on me.. and I guess its starting to fit..
Cuz this bird.. has grown a set of wings.. and is learning not just to fly.. but to SOAR baby!!!

This year has been quite the adventure.. had 3 trips to Canada.. the first trip was the first week in June.. I hadn't been "home" in 2 yrs.. and my mum was not well.. she had surgery in May.. and was recovering well.. but you know when you are 2000 miles away.. there's just something about having to "see" someone.. and with all the stuff that life was throwing at me.. let's just say.. I needed to go..

I brought my oldest son with me.. to help with the driving.. and we had such a good time.. laughing.. and being silly.. even when we hit the weather.. we had so much rain.. but we both enjoyed it.. especially the smell after.. have you ever noticed that? after a good rain.. you roll down the windows.. or open them.. and you take in that fresh clean air.. you can still smell the rain.. the wetness.. it even feels different.. anyhoo.. that trip.. wow.. made me realize a few things about myself. I found myself lost in a big world that can easily chew you up and spit you out.. you have to be careful.. you have to hang on tenaciously to what matters to you..
and that I did.. not only that.. the masks have to come off.. the hiding of pain.. of disappointments..its okay to share those things.. with peeps that are trustworthy and that love you.. I don't recommend you do that with just anyone...

Okay so while in BC...I was able to see alot and do alot.. did quite abit of hiking..boot camp..haha.. and bike riding.. had an adventure of riding to a winery.. oh the laughs!!! Wine makes me giggly.. random fact.. and when consumed with sista.. double double giggly. Other adventures.. went canoeing.. and kayaking.. ya I did pretty good with the kayak.. even raced the bro..and won!! haha.. and then it was lets see ya tip.. now keep in mind its June.. and the lake is mountain fed water..so it was pretty exhilarating.. lol.. which translates to cold!!!

My second trip to BC was in July.. literally 3 weeks later... my mum had a heart attack.. there was no way I was not going up...in retrospect.. I am glad for the trip in June.. it prepared me for July... I had stayed with dad.. while mum was in the hospital.. she is such an amazingly strong woman!.. heck she did have 7 kids..how could you not be.. but really.. I look at her and think.. holy hound dog.. I can only hope to have half of her strength and determination.. Mum is doing well now.. continues to follow the dr's orders.. takes care of herself..with diet and exercise.. and can I just say.. that in itself is such a huge thing!.. heck it is for most of us.. but that I will leave that for another blog!..

Saying good bye.. well.. I don't say good bye.. I say.. till we meet again.. or see you soon... is still hard.. no matter what words you use.. and there is always tears.. along with really long hugs! It's the letting go... the physical act of letting that person go.. that gets me.. I am a very touchy feel-y kinda girl.. I love to give hugs.. give kisses.. hold hands.. not in a clingy way.. I just like to show my love that I have for that person..

Trip number 3.. that was done this month- you will find that adventure some posted here.. some on.. finding your true north... hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment