Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve

As I sit and ponder this last year.. like the road behind me.. it has quite a few bumps and some large potholes.. but I am still here moving forward... As I look out ahead.. to what lies before me.. yes.. there are plenty of changes, new roads to negotiate, maybe even a roadblock, or a detour.. but I know the direction I am going.. As scary as something new can be.. its exciting to.. the unknown.. how will it go.. will I be okay.. I look back on the road trips I have ventured out on this last year.. and there were moments... many many moments of ecstatic happiness, or should I say contentment.. I was content in where I was.. even though my life was in turmoil.. I found myself climbing Moro Rock this summer and when I got to the top.. it took everything in me.. to not shout!! We climbed 400 stone steps to the top of the barren rock (6,725-foot elevation) and at the top.. the view..of the valley below.. the mountains..you could feel the warm summer breeze.. the smell of the pine trees.. the feel of the sun on my face.. one of my moments!

Or when we were hiking around crescent meadow.. spotted some bears.. baby ones thank goodness.. but there was one spot.. climbed on the rock..and just took in the beauty of the tall redwoods... the blue sky.. what a day..

I have been very fortunate this last year.. I was given many of those moments.. that I will treasure.. I cherish these memories.. I long to make new ones.. I look forward to the road ahead.. to more travels.. to more lakes, rivers, to glorious sunsets..to quiet mornings.. as you feel the sun rise, and the dew dissipates... coffee brewing... and the excitement of a whole new day ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment