Saturday, December 19, 2009

movies, emotions...

yeah so yesterday I spent the evening watching a few movies.. most of them.. well I guess you would consider them "chick flicks".. only becuz they had to do with relationships and stuff.. and well we know how most guys just don't get that.. I have to laugh cuz I made a comment to a friend that there was a part in the movie.. that I had to go get some kleenex for.. and he laughed.. not sure what that was all about. But I can only assume he thought it was funny that I could be emotional about a movie, something not real.. Okay so I give him that but it was sad, and whats wrong with showing that emotion if you feel it.

Why does it bother guys so much when a girl crys? Do they see us as being unreasonable? Hate to break it to you.. but there are times that I may be so dang happy I cry.. has nothing to do with being sad.. its just an overwhelming feeling of happiness.

I think crying is a good thing.. its healthy for both men and women. I remember when I first saw my dad cry, made me realize that he was just like me. I love my dad dearly, and I see where I get my emotional stuff from.. ya mum too but seeing dad cry, it was one of those ah'ha moments.. I was pretty young too. And it hit me.. that wow.. my dad.. the big strong man, the one that could put fear into you by lowering his voice and being all stern...yeah.. him.. to see that was touching.. for a man to be that secure in who he is, and to share his emotions in that way, I long for that.

I want to love someone that will love me with all my strengths and weaknesses.. I don't want to hide...nor would I want him to hide it either. To have someone love you in such a complete way with no holds barred...

No comments:

Post a Comment